What's On?

Make sure you check out the What's On? calendar at the bottom of my blog for upcoming student group and Guild events!!

Tuesday 1 September 2009

August in Office...


Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in getting my next blog out to you all, I have been away from the office for the best part of two weeks on training and festival-ing at V and Leeds - ammmaaazzzinggg!!! Luckily the other Sabbs got bored of pranking offices (during lunch breaks of course!) and I came back to just three blown up balloons floating around...poor effort!

So the first few weeks in office have been amazing, hectically busy, but amazing and I feel really privileged to be here. There is quite a lot to fill you all in on so…

The STUDENT GROUP MEETING IS BACK!!
This may sound tedious, but it won’t be at all, it will be AMAZING (I promise!!).!! It will be a relevant and interesting meeting and discussion forum for all the Guild’s student groups. The first SG Meeting will be on October 7th at 6pm and items on the agenda will include: introduction to VPSAD and plans for the year, the redevelopment and effect on student groups, the various training opportunities that have been arranged, information on Get Involved, a visit from the lovely Campus Police, information about the Personal Skills Award (which you guys could easily walk!), information on the Student Group Committee elections, and there will be lots of chance for you guys to give any announcements, put items in the agenda for discussion, and ask Student Development and myself any questions or raise any issues….bring drinks and snacks and it will be FUN
!!!

TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES!!
I am hoping to work with Student Development to extend the training opportunities for Student Groups, using the information from the handover report and from talking to groups.

So far, I have arranged for an EVENT DROP IN session for groups which will start on Monday 5th October in Student Development from 11am-12pm weekly. The Deputy Venues Manager, Events and Room Bookings Coordinator, Technical Services Coordinator, and myself will be available to discuss any events you would like to put on in the Guild and offer advice, suggestions and support. If you would like to take advantage of the opportunity to talk to and get support from all the key people needed for putting on a Guild event, then just email me (vpsad@guild.bham.ac.uk) and I will book you in for a time slot! Very excited to hear what you guys have planned J!

MARKETING TRAINING is currently being arranged with the marketing department for November, which will cover publicising your society and events, sponsorship and fundraising, and will also be an opportunity for you to ask the marketing department questions and ask advice. I will let you know the date as soon as I have it!! We will also arrange a MARKETING DROP IN for you to pop up to marketing once a week with any questions or to get any advice.

CHALLENGE EMMA!!
Some of you got the lucky chance to ‘Challenge Rich’ last year with any events or activities your student group puts on (highlight for me was Comedy Societies stand up challenge ;) ) and I am sure you will be pleased to know the banter will continue this year! If you would like to challenge me then just email vpsad@guild.bham.ac.uk or get in touch!! It’d be great to get round some of your meetings as well, so if you fancy dropping me an invite On a serious note, it is a fantastic way for me to see the amazing work you lot are doing, to see how your societies work and any problems or challenges you may encounter.

WEDNESDAYS IN STUDENT DEVELOPMENT!!
I am aiming to work in Student Development on Wednesdays and keep my diary as free as possible so that anyone who wants a chat can easily find me (I like visitors in my office so please pop in, but it is a bit of a mission to find!!).

Righty, enough from me for one blog! Blog-0verload!!

Byeeexx

No comments:

Post a Comment